The location of Deltebre will allow you to go on various excursions to many different locations in the immediate vicinity where you can discover many other aspects of the Terres de l´Ebre:
Beaches, mountains, culture, monuments, crafts and natural areas are all within your reach.
- The Deltebre Eco Museum. The Deltebre Eco Museum introduces the visitor to the human and natural values of the Ebro Delta. The tour is structured around a variety of spaces designed to reproduce the natural habitats typical of the area, such as the river, lagoons, rice fields and riverside woodland. Information about fishing, river navigation, the construction of irrigation ditches and canals or rice cultivation help us understand the relationship between man and nature in the Ebro Delta. The exhibition is complemented with a visit to the aquarium, where you can see the various species of fish and amphibians native to the Ebro Delta. Distance 10 km.
- Casa de Fusta or Casa Verda. This wooden green house, whence its name, is an emblematic building of the Delta, currently transformed into a facility of the Natural Park of the Ebro Delta, which houses a permanent exhibition dedicated to the Delta lagoons. Built entirely of wood imported from Canada. Distance 24 km.
- Dels Ports Natural Park: Spectacular mountains located between Catalonia, Valencia and Aragón, consisting of a beautiful limestone massif characterised by steep and rugged slopes. Maximum altitude 1,447 km. Distance 44 km.
- Sierra del Montsià. This mountain range, included in the Plan for Areas of Natural Interest in Catalonia, is a magnificent viewpoint of the Ebro Delta with many routes especially equipped for hiking. One of the most charismatic spots in the mountain range is the Roca Foradada, a rock with a hole that, at an altitude of almost 700 metres above sea level, opens up like a window overlooking Sant Carles de la Ràpita and the Alfacs Bay. Distance 34 km.
- L’Ametlla de Mar: 14 km of coastline, with a total of 22 beautiful bays. Distance 36km.
- Iberian settlement of Moleta del Remei, in Alcanar. An important settlement dating back to the Iberian period. Archaeological excavations brought to light the layout of the streets, the foundations of houses and workshops, the warehouses and the fortifications of the access gates. Distance 47 km.
- Neolithic cave paintings declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. In Ulldecona. Distance 48 km.
- Medieval Castle in Ulldecona. Declared a cultural heritage site. Built between the 12th and the 13th centuries. Distance 48 km
- Embalse de Ulldecona. A stunning landscape with the steep banks of the reservoir surrounded by woods. Distance 64 km.
- Route of the three Cs. Miravet Castle, Celler del Pinell de Brai and Cuevas de Benifallet, i.e.: 12th-century Templar Fort, Wine Cellar built by one of Gaudí’s disciples and beautiful Caves with large stalactite and stalagmite formations. Distance 66 km.
- Picasso Centre in Horta Sant Joan. The Picasso Centre, located in the old local hospital, houses reproductions of almost 200 works that Picasso painted during his stays here in 1898 and 1909. Among others, he painted the first canvasses that marked the beginning of Cubism, such as “La balsa de Horta”, which has become a world famous work. Distance 82 km.
- Tarragona. A city declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO, with Roman monuments, a triumphal arch, a Roman amphitheatre, besides the cathedral and the bull ring. Distance 87 km.
- Embalses de Riba-Roja y Mequinenza. Reservoirs constituting huge concentrations of inland water or. Distance 110 km
- Peñíscola: A beautiful village, crowned at its highest point of its rock by the Castle of Papa Luna, a templar fort dating back to 1307, with fantastic views of the bay. 75 km away.
- Morella. A spectacular medieval city that has preserved its boundary walls, declared a Historical and Artistic Heritage Site, with particularly beautiful streets. It is located at an altitude of 1000 metres above sea level. Distance 116 km
- Port Aventura, in Salou : A comprehensive theme and amusement park with lots of attractions: Distance 77km.
- Aquopolis, in Salou: Distance 77km.